An Event in Honor of the Release of a Translation of Elena Ferrante’s New Book
Thursday, 17.9.20, 7:30 PM, Facebook Live, Free of charge
“Two years before leaving home my father said to my mother that I was very ugly,” begins Elena Ferrante’s new book, The Lying Life of Adults. Ferrante returns to Naples and weaves a tale of emotional turmoil, adolescence, and family relationships. The figures of the parents are exposed in the book in all their nakedness, and with them the hypocrisy, betrayal, and lies of adult life. We are excited to launch the translation of this new work by the most popular and enigmatic author of the last decade at this international event.
Host and moderator: Sarai Shavit
Participants: Prof. Menachem Perry, editor of the Hasifria Hachadasha series; Ilana Bernstein, winner of the 2020 Sapir Prize; Julia Fermentto, author
Excerpts from the book will be read by Alma Dishi.
* No registration required | Free of charge | The program is subject to change.
* For more details, you can contact us via email at email@example.com
* The conversation will take place on Facebook Live on the Mishkenot Sha’ananim page. Link for viewing will be posted around 7:30 pm. Please wait a few minutes, and if the link doesn’t appear, refresh the page.
* A private Facebook page is not required to watch the event.
* After the event, the recording will be uploaded to the YouTube channel of Mishkenot and will be available to watch free of charge.